Clutch,necklace & Jumpsuit: all c/o ASOS
I'm currently taking part in ASOS's Student Lowdown campaign and this outfit was inspired by what I would wear on a night out in my university town, Birmingham. I tried to break out of my comfort zone and try something a little different rather than my favourite skater dress, frilly socks and heels. Although I'm a London girl and always will be, Birmingham does have some pretty cool places to check out, so in no particular order here are my top picks...
- Bodega - My favourite place to eat, this Mexican in the city centre is well worth the visit and pretty inexpensive, check my post here!
- Broad street - A great area for clubs, food and drinking. It's full of cheesy clubs but it's always bound to be a great night out with you and you best girl friends. I used to love going to Players (yes, that's what it's really called!)
- Lost and Found - A few doors up from Bodega this place is good for a cocktail or two.
- Rainbow - I've had some of my best nights out here and it's pretty popular with students. It's the place to be to find out about the latest club and House dj's, Hannah Wants started off her residency here and now she's huge!
- Island bar - Another cocktail bar, this time with a tiki theme. A word of warning, their Zombie cocktails are lethal!
- Red Peppers - A nice little restaurant in the Mail Box which have amazing pizza's my favourite is the pepperonata and again it's pretty inexpensive, which is all you really care about as a student!
Places to see:
- Bullring - Birmingham's famous shopping centre, it has pretty much every shop you could wish for and there's even a Selfridges and Victoria's Secret!
- Custard Factory - A quarter full of galleries, studio spaces, vintage shops and cafes.
- Birmingham Cathedral and square - A beautiful place to visit and to escape the madness of the city.
- Library of Birmingham - The new library is amazing and with one million books inside, it's a must when visiting Birmingham.
- Winterbourne House and gardens - University life can get a little crazy at times so I found it really important to go and take time out for myself and relax. Visiting Winterbourne gardens with one of my friends from home on a quiet spring day was one of the best things I've done during my time at university. They have a cute cafe inside the house where you can grab a cake and pot of tea, I'd really recommend taking a little visit her. You can see my photos from my fashion shoot I did with my friend, What Olivia Did.
Here's what I wore: