Josephines make a great starter, an Olympic viewing snack or nibbles for a dinner party, I first tried these at a family friends house one new year and have been obsessed with them ever since! They're extremely quick, easy to make, tasty and more-ish! I unfortunately don't have a picture to show you what they look like as I forgot to take one but I do have this recipe!
- 1 measuring cup of mayonnaise
- 250g of Cheddar cheese (any strength)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 115g of margarine or butter, softened
- french bread
- Opptional toppings: Sliced green chilli peppers, mushrooms or cooked bacon ( I would high recommend using the green chilli peppers!)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- Cut your french bread into thick slices and lightly toast on each side using a grill or toaster.
- Spread a layer of the mixture onto your french bread.
- Then grill until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned on top, this should take about 3-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately whilst its hot.
Let me know in comments below if you try this recipe for yourself and how it goes.