This is one of my favourite brownie recipes and its from The Hummingbird Bakery recipe book, the recipe makes around 12 brownies.
To makes these you will need
- A baking tray, with greaseproof paper
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 175g unsalted butter
- 325g caster sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot simmering water don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water! Leave this until its completely melted and smooth.
3. Take away from the heat. Add sugar and stir until its well mixed. Add the flour, then finally, stir in the eggs and until you get a thick and smooth mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 30/35 minutes don't worry about trying to make it even it will even out itself when in the oven, although you do want the mixture to have covered every corner! Try not to overcook the brownies as they can become too hard and will be difficult to eat.
5. Eat straight away for a warm gooey brownie or leave to cool (if you have the will power)
You could always add Nuts or big pieces of milk or white chocolate in to make them extra special & indulgent.